Government Polytechnic, Banka is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology and machineries to mould students into experts in their respective fields. Learning aids which are considered to be the best in the market are being acquired for enabling a seamless flow of knowledge from the faculties to the students. It is a multi-disciplinary institute focusing on actionable engineering programs. The Institute at present offer six Diploma Programmes in the areas of Automobile Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering which is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Department of Science and technology, Bihar and is recognized by Government of Bihar.
Government Polytechnic, Banka is administered by the Department of Science and technology, Bihar and is funded by the state Government of Bihar. The State Board of Technical Education (SBTE) conducts the Semester Exams and issues the Certificate.
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Government Polytechnic chapra, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our institute's website. Government Polytechnic chapra has enjoyed tremendous success for over 25 years and has established many incredible traditions and legacies throughout the years. I sincerely hope you will take the time to look throughout our web pages and enjoy the numerous opportunities available to all the students who are part of our institute. Our goal as educators is to support all students academically and socially. We will make every effort so all students become successful and be able to succeed in the increasingly complex world in which they will live and work. The incredible faculty and staff at Government Polytechnic chapra continue to encourage all students to set high goals for themselves and to reach for their dreams.
Mr. Jawahar Lal Roy.
To create an advanced centre of professional learning of international standard where pursuit of knowledge and excellence shall reign supreme, unfettered by the barriers of nationality, language, cultural plurality and religion. Integrated, continuous and wholesome development of our stakeholders by providing them with basic technical knowledge and skills, social values and ethics, scientific attitudes and orientations for lifelong continuing education so that they remain as the cutting edge of technology and entrepreneurship for the sustainable economic and industrial development of our nation in a free global market leading to higher quality and productivity, research and development and above all a sense of humanity.
- Developing personality of all learners, faculty & employees in order to infuse with proactive leadership, innovativeness, entrepreneurial abilities, required competencies relevant to the profession.
- Encouraging the participation of Women and offer opportunities and access to technical education.
- Focusing on community development, whereby viable and appropriate technology is transferred to the community.
- Inducing in engineers and trainees a mind-set full of creativity to pursue excellence with focus on accountability, environment and stakeholders.
- Solving real life problems.
- Creating leadership with futuristic vision.
- Cultivating adaption of ethics, morality and healthy practices in professional life.
- Instilling habit of continual learning.
- Keeping abreast with the start-of-the-art technology.
- Innovation and Creativity
- Quality technical education
- Integrity and honesty
- Pursuit of excellence and
- Team work
This district is situated on the south-east side of Bihar State. Eastern and Southern border of this district is adjacent to the Jharkhand State. Western border is adjacent to Jamui district and North-West side to Munger district and is adjacent to North Bhagalpur. Geographical Area of the District is 3020 sq. kms. The Headquarters of this District is situated in Banka town. This district was established on 21st February, 1991. Prior to this, it was a subdivisional town of Bhagalpur. To run the administration properly it is divided into one subdivision Banka, eleven Blocks comprising 2111 villages constituting 185 panchayats and two urban sectors, viz; Banka (Nagar Panchayat) and Amarpur (Nagar Panchayat).